Official SLAM.Tennis Contest Rules
The official rules for SLAM.Tennis contests are as follows:
MAY MADNESS BRACKET CHALLENGE CONTEST
1. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. SIRIUS SOFTWARE, INC. ("SPONSOR"), OWNER OF SLAM.TENNIS, IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE AND WHO ARE REGISTERED MEMBERS OF SLAM.TENNIS ("ENTRANTS"). If you are under the legal age of majority in your country of residence (a "Minor"), one of your parents or legal guardians must read and agree to these Contest rules on behalf of you and themselves in order to win a prize. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited.
All individuals who create a free SLAM.Tennis account, enter the Bracket Challenge, and specify in their entry that they want to receive prizes are automatically entered. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries sent but not received by Sponsor for any reason, as potential contest winners.
Only one entry per SLAM.Tennis account will be considered for contest entry. Only one entry per email address will be considered for contest entry. No person may enter any contest more than once.
Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within the continental United States.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
3. Contest Period. The Entry period shall commence on April 29, 2019 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), and shall continue until on or about May 3, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. EDT (the "Deadline"). The Contest will run for the duration of the 2019 NCAA Tennis Championships (the "Tournament") currently scheduled to begin on May 3, 2019 and conclude on May 19, 2019 ("the Contest Period").
4. Contest Objective. The object of the Contest is to earn as many points as possible by correctly predicting the winner of each dual men's or women's (each a "Category") tennis match in the Tournament, from the opening matches through to the final championship match, and to predict the match score of the final match as well as the elapsed duration of the final match (in minutes). To participate in the Contest, entrant must attempt to predict the winner of each individual match (a "Match") in the team draw in either Category of the Tournament (a "Prediction"). Contestant may only make one (1) Prediction per Match. A Prediction needs to be correct in order to earn Contest points. The points accrued for each correct Prediction are as follows: first round Match = 1 point, second round Match = 2 points, round of 16 Match = 4 points, quarter-final Match = 8 points, semi-final Match = 16 points and final Match = 32 points. The maximum possible point score in each Category is 192.
5. How to Enter. To enter the Contest log on to the SLAM.Tennis website currently at http://slam.tennis ("Entry Site"). Once there, click on the Contest icon or Contest text link, either of which will take you to the Contest home page and entry form. Then, complete and thereafter transmit the entry form ("Entry"). Information required on the entry form (collectively "Entry Information") consists of your complete legal name (first name and last name), email address, user name, user password, age verification, SLAM.Tennis login, and Predictions and may include daytime telephone number (including area code) and answers to certain marketing questions (answers to marketing questions do not in any way affect chances of winning). Entrants may enter the men's Category, the women's Category, or both Categories. Limit one (1) Entry per person, per Category, for the entire Entry Period; beyond this, multiple Entries from any person will be voided; multiple Entries from any email address will be voided. Entrants may change any of their Predictions up until the conclusion of the Entry Period. Entries must be received by midnight PDT on May 2, 2019. All required Entry Information must be completed in full. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entry, will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. In the event that a team withdraws from the Tournament after the draw has been completed but prior to the commencement of the Tournament, any Predictions for the withdrawn team will automatically be changed to Predictions for the alternate team who replaces the withdrawn team in the draw. Participants represent and warrant that they have not purchased any kind of Internet service in order to enter Contest. Entries must be made by the entrant only at the Entry Site. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including, but not limited to, commercial Contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest.
6. Determination of Winners. At the conclusion of the Tournament, the top eligible entrants in each Category with the highest number of points achieved will, subject to verification and compliance with the terms of these rules, be declared the Prize Winners (see Prizes section below for details). An entrant who enters both Categories may win a prize in both Categories. Within a Category, if two or more eligible entrants tie for a prize, the following tie breaker criteria will be used: the eligible tied entrant who comes closest to correctly predicting the match score of the final match will be declared the winner; In the event of a further tie, the eligible tied entrant who comes closest to predicting the duration of the final match (in minutes) will be declared the winner. In the unlikely event of a further tie, the winner will be randomly selected from amongst the remaining tied entrants by Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor will be final.
7. Prizes. Summaries of prizes are as follows:
Each Entrant who is adjudged to be a second prize winner shall receive a 6-month Recruiting Advantage membership from TennisRecruiting.net - if an Entrant is already a Recruiting Advantage member, 6 months will be added to the term of the Entrant's membership.
Each Entrant who is adjudged to be a first prize winner shall receive a 12-month Recruiting Advantage membership from TennisRecruiting.net - if an Entrant is already a Recruiting Advantage member, 12 months will be added to the term of the Entrant's membership.
Each Entrant who is adjudged to be a grand prize winner shall receive a 24-month Recruiting Advantage membership - if an Entrant is already a Recruiting Advantage member, 24 months will be added to the term of the Entrant's membership.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
8. Private Pools. Sponsor permits any person or group to set up their own private bracket (each a "Private Pool", collectively the "Private Pools"), in order to compete in a discrete bracket directly against friends, co-workers, family members, etc. To create a Private Pool, an entrant may click on the "create a private pool" link on the Entry registration page and thereafter follow the instructions to set up their Private Pool and invite persons via email with a web link to compete in their Private Pool. Private Pools are provided for entertainment value only, and Sponsor is not responsible for the administration of any Private Pool, nor for awarding any prize(s) in connection with any Private Pool. Entrants to a Private Pool must follow the same entry procedures as described in Section 5 above, and are subject to the following sections of these Official Rules: Section 3 and Sections 9, 10, 12, 13 and 14. The creator of a Private Pool may opt to modify the point scoring system of the Contest as described in Section 4, and may create their own scoring system for their Private Pool. An entrant to a Private Pool will have the option to have the predictions they submit for that Private Pool carry over to become their Predictions in this Contest by clicking the check box to submit their predictions to the Official Contest (or Main Pool), thus, provided they meet all eligibility criteria in Sections 1 and 2, gaining full Entry into this Contest. However, if they so choose, they may enter a Private Pool without gaining Entry into the Contest - in such case their predictions will not enable them to compete for the Prizes in Section 7 above. All persons creating a Private Pool warrant and represent that they will adhere to all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation those governing contests and sweepstakes, and will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims arising from any Private Pool, including without limitation for their improper administration of a Private Pool or their failure to award any prize purportedly offered in connection with any Private Pool. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may cancel or suspend any Private Pool that does not fully comply with this Section 8.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
11. Winners List; Rules Request. A list of Winners will be posted at SLAM.Tennis no later than June 15, 2019 and ending on July 15, 2019. For a printed copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after June 15, 2019 and before July 15, 2019 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: SLAM.Tennis Contest - Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: SLAM.Tennis Contest - Rules Request.
12. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright 2019 Sirius Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
13. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States and the State of Georgia. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should any cause beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to SLAM.Tennis Contest, c/o SLAM.Tennis, P.O. Box 71912, Marietta, GA 30007-1912.
14. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Sirius Software, c/o SLAM.Tennis, P.O. Box 71912, Marietta, GA 30007-1912.