TICKETCITY 2014 Big Bracket challenge
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE EVENT UPDATES VIA TICKETCITY'S EMAIL NEWSLETTER. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO UNSUBSCRIBE AT ANY TIME.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING PRIZE.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The TicketCity 2014 Big Bracket Challenge is not endorsed by, associated with, or sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”).
1. SPONSOR. The TicketCity 2014 Big Bracket Challenge (the “Contest”) is sponsored by TicketCity, Inc. and Develomatic, LLC (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants under the age of majority at time of entry (21 if a MS resident, 19 if an AL, NE, or PA resident, 18 in all other states) must have their parent's or legal guardian's permission to enter. Employees of TicketCity its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees and their immediate families (parents, spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) of Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, dealers, advertisement or promotion agencies and affiliated agencies and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, investors, successors and assigns (the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. By entering the Contest, participants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Eligibility, age and all claims made by potential winners are subject to verification. Potential winner must complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and (where legally permissible) Publicity Release Form, except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of receipt of same. Do not proceed in this Contest if you do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules and Regulations.
3. ENTRY PERIOD. The entry period for the Contest begins March 16, 2014 at 7PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) and ends on March 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time).
4. CONTEST objective. The object of the Contest is to earn as many points as possible by correctly predicting the winner of each college basketball tournament game, from the opening game through to the final championship game. To participate in the Contest, entrant must attempt to predict the winner of each individual game (a “Game”) for every round in the tournament schedule (a “Prediction”). Contestant may only make one (1) Prediction per Game. A Prediction needs to be correct in order to earn Contest points. The points accrued for each correct Prediction are as follows: first round Game = 2 points, second round Game = 4 points, third round Game = 8 points, fourth round Game =16 points, fifth round Game = 16, sixth round Game = 32 points and final Game = 64 points.
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest click http://www.tourneytopia.com/Hoops/TicketCity/login.aspx for the entry form. Then, complete and thereafter transmit the entry form (“Entry”). Information required on the entry form (collectively “Entry Information”) consists of your complete legal name (first name and last name), email address, city, state, zip code, daytime telephone number (including area code), gender, and Predictions. Limit one (1) Entry per person, for the entire Entry Period; beyond this, multiple Entries from any person will be voided; multiple Entries from any email address will be voided. Entrants may change any of their Predictions up until the conclusion of the applicable Contest Entry Period. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on March 20, 2014. All required Entry Information must be completed in full. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entry, will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. In the event that a team withdraws from the tournament after the announcements have been completed but prior to the commencement of the tournament, any Predictions for the withdrawn team will automatically be changed to Predictions for the alternate team who replaces the withdrawn team in the tournament. Participants represent and warrant that they have not purchased any kind of Internet service in order to enter Contest. Entries must be made by the entrant only at the Entry Site. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS. At the conclusion of the tournament, the entrant with the highest number of points achieved will, subject to verification and compliance with the terms of these rules, be declared the Grand Prize Winner (see Prizes section below for details). If two or more eligible entrants tie for a prize, the following tie breaker criteria will be used: the eligible tied entrants who are closest to correctly predicting the final score of the championship game will be declared the winner. In the event of a further tie, the winner will be randomly selected from amongst the remaining tied entrants by Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor will be final.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize. The top scoring winner of the Contest will be awarded one (1) Grand Prize. The Grand Prize consists of a TicketCity Gift Card valued at $1000. Gift card to expire on April 30, 2015. Any travel or accommodations related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Actual prize items awarded will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Prize winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute a different prize of approximately equivalent or greater retail value. Any depictions of the prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, State, local or other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. One (1) prize per winner/household/Category.
8. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES. Prizes are non-refundable for cash and non-changeable once issued. If lost, prize elements will not be replaced. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer their prizes to another person. Fulfillment/delivery dates for Prizes will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes (or prize components), except that Sponsor may substitute a prize (or prize component) for one of equal or greater value for any reason. In the event that a prize component is not available for any reason, then the remaining elements of prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any depictions of prize (or prize elements) are for illustrative purposes only. Prize Winners are responsible for any and all expenses and taxes not included in the prize package, including, but not limited to, Federal, state and local taxes. All arrangements are subject to availability and space capacity is controlled. Prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind.
Eligibility, age and all claims made by a potential winner are subject to verification. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner fails to respond to notification attempts, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the winner declines the prize or winner fails to return completed releases described below, Sponsor may elect, at its own discretion, to select an alternate winner. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account as determined by Sponsor. Potential winner must complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability and (where legally permissible) Publicity Release Form, except where prohibited by law, within five (5) days of receipt of same. By accepting any Prize, Prize Winners consent to the use of Prize Winners’ names, photographs and likenesses, without additional compensation, for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, and any and all matters related to the Contest, in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. If a potential winner fails to comply with official rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In accepting prize, winner further acknowledge that the Contest Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to prize or prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including by not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for its failure to contact potential winners due to an incorrect, out of date or undeliverable mailing address, email address or telephone number. Participants should be sure to update their user accounts regularly with their correct contact information so that they will be able to receive prizes if selected as a potential winner. A potential winner, who fails to notify Sponsor with any complaint or problem within three (3) days after attempted prize notification, forfeits their right to do so. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent mail/email sent to entrants not by Sponsor.
9 GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. By entering the Contest, participants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules and Regulations. All participants further acknowledge that if they are verified as a Winner, certain of their personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties at least as required by law including, without limitation, on a Winner’s List. The Winners names will be kept on file for one (1) year after the end of this Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes participant’s understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. The Sponsor and Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury, death or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use, misuse, malfunction, availability, and delay in delivery of the prizes awarded. Sponsor and Contest Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property. Neither Contest Entities nor Sponsor make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of the prizes including, without limitation, quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omission, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. Sponsor may modify, rescind, cancel or revoke the promotion at any time in its sole discretion without notice or liability. By entering, entrants release the Sponsor and the Contest Entities, from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use (or misuse) of a prize, including any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages. Entrants who attempt to tamper with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Additional restrictions may apply. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest or operation of the Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor and/or Contest Entities who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Bugs and Viruses; Irregularities; Cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest at any time if a computer virus, bug, malfunction, Manipulation, act of sabotage, act of God, or any other problem, regardless of the cause, affects, compromises, or corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest. Notice of cancellation will be posted at the Entry Site. Prizes that are not obtained through authorized legitimate methods, or are the result of Manipulation, mechanical, electronic, digital or computer or other error, are void. Sponsor shall not be obligated to award any prize that relates to or arises out of an irregular entry or improper or mistaken prize notification, operation or function of this contest. No more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules will be awarded. In addition to the foregoing, if for any reason (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor) Sponsor cannot continue the Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, cancel this Contest.
12. Release of Liability; Limitation of Liability. By entering the Contest, participants agree to release the Sponsor and Contest Entities from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, death, damages or losses to persons and/or property which may be sustained in connection with participation in the contest, and/or the receipt, ownership, use, or misuse of any prize. Entrants agree that Sponsor, its respective officers, directors and employees, and its agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible entries, lost, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, or postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence;
b) potential winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim any prize;
c) any telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, slow-downs, failures, or difficulties of any kind;
d) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions;
e) human error, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entries;
f) any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, however minor;
g) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising in connection with or as a result of the acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest;
h) any unauthorized Entries or Manipulation by a person;
i) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated to the Contest, or errors attributable to a malfunctioning prize notice or pop-up window associated with the Contest;
j) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy;
k) any damage to any entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Contest;
l) any fraudulent mail/email sent to entrants not by Sponsor.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR (1) ACCESS TO AND USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, THE SITE, (2) DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SITE, (3) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY OF THE GAMES AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, OR (4) ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTEST AND THE OTHER GAMES ON THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
13. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and Regulations, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Contest Entities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Texas. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder they consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in Travis County, Texas, USA. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
14. NAMES OF Winners. For the name of the winners, available after April 25, 2014, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than June 1, 2014, to: TicketCity 2014 Big Bracket Challenege, 5912 Balcones Drive, Suite 102, Austin, TX 78731. Winners may be announced on the Contest Entry Site.