Official Rules of One Percent Foundation's Grant Madness:
- Have some fun.
- Seriously, have more of it. This is the single best month in sports. If you're not enjoying it, you're doing it wrong.
- Each participant's $10 is pooled into a big fund that is just aching to be granted out to great nonprofits. The individual with the highest point total will win the right to choose an organization to receive a $2,000 grant (if there are more than 125 registrants). The second place finisher will win the right to chose an organization to receive a $1,000 grant (if their are more than 188 registrants). For every 32 entries after the first 188 entries, OPF will award the next highest finisher (3rd place, 4th place, etc.) with the right to choose an organization to receive a $500 grant. Twenty percent of the total fund will go to support the One Percent Foundation.
- Each selected organization must be a non-religious, non-political 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit, and the grant is pending approval of OPF's Board of Directors.
- The winners will be able to work with a member of our Board of Directors to identify the grantee. She's a rockstar at finding great organizations, so whether you already have an organization in mind or if you don't know where to start, she'll help you get the biggest impact for your grant.
- You can enter as many brackets as you want, so long as you keep coughing up the $10 entry fee. It's for a great cause, so cough away.
OFFICIAL WARNING: drinking while making your predictions may lead to #16-seeded teams and/or Pac 10 teams in your Final Four. Bad idea.