How Do You Play NephMadness?
NephMadness is a month-long celebration of all things nephrology by the AJKD Blog team. We pit 32 unique aspects of nephrology against each other.
How to Enter
- Submit your picks (after which you'll be asked to register/log in)
- Visit AJKD Blog to learn about all the teams in the tournament
- Get your friends, family, patients, and co-workers to fill out brackets!
How are Matches Determined?
The winners for each of the matchups are determined by a majority vote from the blue-ribbon panel before the start of the tournament.
One copy of Brenner and Rector's The Kidney, 10th Edition, will be awarded to:
One copy of National Kidney Foundation Primer on Kidney Diseases will be awarded to:
- Top Medical Student score*
- Top Resident score*
- Top Fellow score*
- Top Attending score*
One NephMadness Plaque will be awarded to:
- Top Group score+ (each individual in the group will also receive a NephMadness bag)
One NephMadness bag will be awarded to:
- Best tweeter
- Best blogger
*First registration question must be answered for prize eligibility. See scoring & rules.
+Second registation question must be answered for group prize eligibility. See scoring & rules.
- March 7, Tuesday, Bracket entry opens
- March 24, Friday (11:59pm EDT): Deadline for entering contest
- March 26, Sunday: First round results. Scoring begins & Saturated 16 named
- March 29, Wednesday: Saturated 16 results and Effluent 8 named
- March 31, Friday: Effluent 8 results and the Filtered Four named
- April 3, Monday: Filtered Four results and the finalists named
- April 5, Wednesday: NephMadness Champion crowned
NephMadness is powered by AJKD Blog.